AB VFX Studios is always on the lookout for talented artists and production members!
AB VFX Studios is always on the lookout for talented artists and production members! We maintain a tight-knit core staff, and incline as needed when projects land. If you would like to be considered for upcoming work, kindly contact us on OPPORTUNITIES page.
AB VFX Studios is looking for flower of the flock, the pick of the bunch. In other words, we’re looking for outstanding visionaries and artists to join our team.
We’re relentlessly pushing for expansions in creativity, technique, method, and alliances. We work hard, we work together, and we trust the person sitting next to us with a focal point on superior craftsmanship and imaginative pluck.
Job Description and Responsibility
Production Runner at AB VFX will play a central role in the smooth running of the studio. They will support AB VFX team with any facilities-based duties while getting to learn about the company and VFX industry. This is a full-time, 40 hours a week role that will give you the skills you need to succeed in VFX Production once you move up.
*This is an on-site position.
*This role will not lead you as VFX artist in future.
Why be a Production Runner?
Joining us with the aim of moving up in the business, managing and supporting VFX production as well as postproduction can be a good start for a runner.
- Answering all queries and request for AB VFX Team.
- Assisting the Office Manager for running office smoothly
- Taking initiative to manage stocks and supplies, arranging orders where necessary; ensuring refreshments, stationary and general office equipment are well-stocked
- Assisting the reception team when needed including dealing with switch board calls, welcoming clients
- Supporting the recruitment, HR and production teams in the studio with ad-hoc duties
- Goods in/out, couriers, mail, and deliveries
Needs to Have
- Previous customer service experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet, and Email
- Interest in the film industry and VFX
- A professional and friendly manner
- Proactive and Enthusiastic
- Strong communicator and team player
Measures of Performance
- Time Management
- Cover letter explaining your interest in AB VFX and why you’re a good fit for the team
If you are interested in this position or if you want to submit a nomination, please send your resume by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Please note that you may be asked to provide references.
The VFX Supervisor is responsible for the production and smooth running of visual effects on the project that is assigned to him/her. He/she is responsible for the technical and artistic quality of the shots. The standard of quality for the project is established during his exchanges with the Director and production staff. He/she must therefore understand and interpret the Director’s intentions and also be conscious of the project’s budget constraints set by the production being a bridge between the two teams. He/she works in collaboration with the Post-Production Manager to assist him/her every way.
- Prepare the visual effects production breakdown;
- Participate in pre-production meetings;
- Anticipate problems and present solutions adapted to time and budget constraints;
- Recruit and manage pre-production teams, if necessary;
Supervise the filming of VFX sequences: retrieve filming information, oversee the necessary on-set installations for the filming of sequences;
- Recruit and manage teams for production;
- Maintain communications between the Director and the production team;
- Support the coordination team in order to maintain the pipeline’s efficiency and allow the artists and TDs to achieve their production objectives and deadlines;
- Identify additional tools necessary for production; find and develop solutions in collaboration with the TDs;
- Evaluate the utility of new tools/software that are available on the market;
- Monitor technological developments;
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience as a VFX supervisor in a film production environment, animated TV series or visual effects;
- Extensive knowledge of VFX production and CG pipelines;
- Thorough understanding of film production and on-set experience;
- Experience with recruitment, training and supervision of CG artists;
- Knowledge of an asset manager such as SHOTGUN is a plus;
- Knowledge of various 2D/3D software (Maya, Nuke, etc.) is a plus;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Ability to supervise and assign tasks to a production team;
- Must be attentive to the production team, the other supervisors and the coordinators;
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Preferred: Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
Title: VFX Supervisor
Status: Contractual or Permanent / Full-time or Part-time
Annual salary: To be discussed
**For this position, we are currently hiring for imminent start dates only and as such, the candidate will need to be eligible to work in Canada. We anticipate, however, that this role will be available again in the future. If you are interested in joining the team at all but require visa sponsorship, you are welcome to submit your application as an expression of interest and if a role becomes available that fits your profile, you may receive an email from our recruitment team.**
The visual effects Line Producer is central to VFX project management. He/she liaise with all aspects of production and post-production: Director, Editor, external VFX Supervisor and Producer, internal Producers and Supervisors as well as artists. Working closely with and on behalf of the internal VFX Producer they help strategize and implement tasks and targets crucial to the delivery of the project on time and on budget.
- Work with the Producer, Leads and Supervisors to create, implement and run the schedule, track and manage the workflow through the departments and meet internal and external deadlines
- Oversee Coordinators and ensure the good organisation of dailies, rounds and meetings and the taking of notes and follow up of information
- Ensure the production database is kept updated daily with notes and critical information
- Communicate information quickly and succinctly to the crew and other departments in person and not simply via e-mail
- Communicate changes to client sessions, dailies or meetings either directly or through the Coordinators
- Keep communication flowing from the Supervisor to the Leads, crew or other departments
- Anticipate and communicate issues to the Producer and Supervisor in order to resolve problems quickly
- Maintain an accurate summary of the project's progress based on the previous day's artists work
- Take responsibility for knowing the details of the schedule and advising the Coordinators accordingly
- Oversee the execution of client deliveries for all temps and finals
- Manage edits alongside the Editorial department
- Manage resources and communicate coherently with other support departments
- Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional production office
- Be pro-active and solution-orientated
- Other ad hoc duties as may reasonably be required
- Previous experience at Senior VFX Coordinator or Production Manager/Line Producer level
- Highly organized with first-class time/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The proven ability to priorities conflicting tasks
- The ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work within a team towards a common goal
- An in-depth understanding of live-action and CG based VFX workflows
- An in-depth understanding of common file formats and resolutions
- Previous scheduling experience
- Basic Linux skills
- Basic Avid/editorial knowledge
- Good knowledge of the MS Office suite, including Excel & Word and of the Google Suite including Sheets and Docs
- Knowledge of production database tools e.g. Shotgun,Ftrack
Lateral thinking skills
Job Summary: The HR Generalist will provide HR services to support leaders and employees in creating a high-performance culture. As a key member of the team, this role is responsible for providing support and help in all aspects of the Human Resources function and demonstrating leadership in Human Resources decisions, procedures, and programs.
- Supervise and provide counsel on the full employee life cycle including but not limited to Benefits, Pension, Payroll, Enrollment, Reporting, HRIS and Retirement.
- Collaborate with external and internal stakeholders and agencies as appropriate to deliver HR transactional services – this will include seamless interactions with external managed payroll providers and benefit/pension providers.
- Manage key operations for all employee leaves including STD, LTD, WSIB and support the accommodation process.
- Make use of digital data and analytics along with personal initiative to solve problems and bring forward improvement recommendations.
- Brace Talent Acquisition with Recruitment function.
- Design and conduct new hire Orientation.
- In coordination with management, establish and facilitate an environment of positive employee relations. This will include handling employee complaints, providing coaching to Supervisors/Managers on employee relations, conflict resolution, workplace investigations and assisting in terminations.
- Program owner for annual and mid-year performance development review including bonus and Merit process.
- Various ad-hoc projects.
- Other duties as required.
- This is an evolving role as we continue to build our department.
Experience and Skills:
- 1-2 years’ experience as an HR Generalist.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and experience in handling compensation and benefits, Pension Administration for a small-mid sized organization.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, in particular Excel skills including pivot tables required.
- Strong understanding of Employment legislation required including Privacy, Human Rights, Employment Standards, and Pay Equity.
- Team player and able to work cross functionally with other team members and departments.
- Effective organizational skills and able to manage priorities according to deadlines.
- Diploma or University degree in Human Resources.
- Proficient knowledge of all relevant legislations.
WORKING CONDITIONS : Standard office conditions.
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
YOU MUST RESIDE IN VANCOUVER
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening
AB VFX Studios is the best choice for those who are looking for creative and talented services.
Executive Producers look after the Delivery teams: the VFX Producers and VFX Supervisors assigned to the delivery of shows, accountable for all aspects of planning and execution of project delivery and financial success.
They are a senior commercial representative for AB VFX, moulding strong client relationships and speaking for the company in critical negotiations. They are the crest during deliveries, and key contributor during the bidding and award of new projects.
As well as these relationships, the EPs work extensively with the Senior Management teams and Global leadership team to achieve the business objectives and manage the company.
The EPs team up as a global group to ensure that the Standard Operating Procedure for all aspects of production are upheld and continually improved.
All EPs report directly to the Global MD but may report operationally to Senior Management in their location.
Key Responsibilities Include:
(The following is a list of responsibilities which are central to all EPs. Individual EPs may have separate key objectives and duties, depending on their location, strengths and position within the company)
Cooperate and negotiate on major changes in award scope, value and schedule
Regular calls with all clients to ensure continuity and transparency of Producer reporting, and that high delivery service is maintained
Meets with VFX Producers & Supervisors weekly or as required to monitor project financials
Responsible for quota & schedule achievement, ensuring schedules are competently planned and executed
Attends weekly Delivery Management meetings to collaborate with Senior Management Team on delivery statuses and take actions where necessary
Briefs Producers weekly or as when required, cascading relevant information to Producers at all times
As key member of Senior Management Team
Provide constant training, feedback and mentorship to all Producers and is a role model for all Production
Makes sure a healthy and productive work environment and duty of care for all employees
- Client facing – it is essential to be assertive, clear and tranquil with all clients. The faculties to steer conversations to a constructive outcome, maintaining diplomacy and professionalism, whilst creating a pleasant, warm and productive working relationship are critical
- Communication skills – ability to lead a team, manage diverse personalities and viewpoints; the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others
- Scheduling – should be confident to schedule work of a complex nature, especially within the VFX space, with a thorough understanding of quota-based tracking and forecasting
- Adaptability – the willingness to shift gears mentally and deal with both ambivalence and fluidity, whilst supporting and leading others through the same
- Finance – understanding Profit and Loss, budgeting, analyzing bids vs. actuals and spend vs. Completion.
The Show Production Manager (“PM”) supports the Show Producer in all duties on a project and reports into the Executive Producer. Working in concurrence with the Producer and VFX Supervisor, the Production Manager is responsible for managing artist schedules, daily tasks, and maintaining the project database in project management software or similar supporting tools.
The main responsibilities of a Show Production Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Management of artist schedules, tasks and priorities
- Creation and distribution of shot delivery schedules
- Working with the VFX Producer and HR to establish resource requirements at the start of a project when required till the completion of the project
- Maintenance and distribution of internal and client reports
- Setting up and organising the project management software and project database
- Clear and brief communication of all project information to client, excluding financials
- Client communication
- Project management and reporting
To be considered for a Show Production Manager, you must have/demonstrate:
- A minimum 2-5 years of experience within the VFX industry.
- Experience with Shotgun or similar VFX tracking or project management software is a must.
- Excellent scheduling and task management skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to problem solve effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of visual effects processes including asset development, layout, matte painting, animation, fx, lighting, roto-prep and compositing is considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office package (including word, excel) is a requirement
- Working knowledge of Linux, Nuke and and other VFX related software’s are considered assets.
- Well up on visual effects terminologies and processes.
- Ability to liaise and collaborate with clients, artists and producers.
Location: Abbotsford | Remote
Role: Business Development Executive for VFX/3D Animation/Cinematics
We are looking for a Sales & Business Development Executive to represent our VFX and 3D Animation Department on the global stage. If you are an enthusiastic, motivated, and creative Sales & Business Development professional with a successful sales and lead generation record in the VFX and 3D animation industry we are looking for you.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- lead generation across the entertainment, Movie, Production Companies and advertising industry
- Generate real conversions on leads and prospective accounts for new business
- Present our services to clients and partners
- Strategic business development for key areas and segments
- Experience in selling VFX and Cinematics services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An excellent level of English, oral and written communication skills essential
- Results-oriented with a record of success in meeting deadlines
- A strong knowledge of the VFX and Cinematics industry
- Experience selling in both direct and indirect or channel-driven models
- Work from anywhere
- Opportunity to get involved with the future of VFX and Generative 3D animation and content production
- The chance to work closely with a team of creative professionals in a multicultural environment on a variety of gaming, film, and entertainment projects
- A competitive salary and bonuses
5 Days week
Separate OT payment will be made
PF & ESIC as per government norms
Medicliam after confirmation
No. work from office only
Depends on experience & test given
It is very helping, energetic and Progressive.
You can get eligible for higher post or upgrade to other department, this will be totally depended on your overall performance and work quality.
VFX NEED MET FOR